The New Zealand Association of von Humboldt Fellows (NZAvH) is a non-profit organisation. Membership is open to all current and former Humboldt Research Fellows, Feodor Lynen Fellows, and Humboldt Research Award recipients who apply for membership. Currently, there is no membership fee.
To support the work of the Alexander von Humboldt-Stiftung in Bonn.
This is done by:
- Advertising the fellowship programme at New Zealand universities.
- Identifying top scientists from all areas and encourage them to apply
for a Humboldt fellowship.
- Keeping the Humboldt Foundation up-to-date with important scientific
and political developments in New Zealand which are of concern to the
- Trying to establish an exchange programme in order to get top
German scientists to visit New Zealand.
- Trying to establish a Humboldt award programme in New Zealand.
- Helping Feodor-Lynen Fellows to get started in New Zealand.
- Fostering German-New Zealand scientific exchange programmes.
The members of the NZAvH will be informed on a regular basis about important scientific and political developments in Germany and about opportunities for collaboration and scientific cooperation. The NZAvH also fosters contacts with other
Alexander von Humboldt associations.
The NZAvH welcomes financial support from all individuals, agencies or companies. The money will be used to achieve the goals identified under Aims.
The amount received will be advertised on the news page.